Every golf player knows that while the golf course does not have a standard form and its details may not matter as much, there is one important element for which every detail counts. It’s the club. And since you know how important this element is for a player’s status, you’ll probably be interested in getting to know about the most expensive golf clubs.
We know that when it comes to choosing a golf club, the options can be overwhelming. However, the details make all the difference. A quality golf club may not magically put the ball where you want it, but you can certainly expect a boost in your game and confidence.
The most expensive golf clubs are certainly made with top-of-the-line materials; the weight, the angles, the construction, everything matters. Some come with precious metals and gemstones, and that can certainly make a ‘hole’ in your pocket. Check out the following list with some of the most expensive golf clubs.
The game of golf has unclear ancient origins; it evolved into its modern form in 15th century Scotland. The first golf clubs appeared in Scotland in 1503-1504. These were actually the clubs used by the King of Scotland.
Since then, golf clubs have evolved so much, especially with technology development in the latest years.
Most Expensive Golf Clubs
BERES is the most premium golf club brand globally, and BERES 5-Star stands alone as the ultimate statement of golf luxury. Designed in Sakata, Japan, with strict adherence to Honma’s legendary quality and craftsmanship, BERES 5-Star is for those who demand artistry and performance and want to differentiate themselves with enhanced details like precious metal decorations and 24K gold accents and trim. BERES 5-Star drivers are created with striking beauty, technologically advanced materials, and a highly evolved shaft to deliver uncompromised looks and performance for the discerning golfer.
- The new ARMRQ 5S shafts are made in Sakata, Japan, using the most sophisticated materials in the industry.
- New high strength, shape memory twist fleuret material is used to increase energy transfer to increase your distance potential.
- Additional T1100G fiber is added for stability.
- T1100G bias plus run the full length of the shaft to improve recovery for maximum distance. Multi-axis metal hybrid armor fiber technology visible below the grip increases shaft strength under the hands and provides a counterbalance to increasing swing speed.
- A high smash-factor design with a soft mid-section increases your distance potential.
For their 100th anniversary, Bentley launched its new centenary set along with a few other limited edition products to commemorate the occasion. The golf clubs are not just for show. Bentley designed each club to unite the “worlds of luxury and craftsmanship with the finest in sports and performance.”
There are only a limited number of Centenary Sets still available.
- Irons: Titanium face and carbon fiber back
- Two Wedges: classic teardrop-shaped, 52” and 58” lofts, CNC-milled faces, full-face grooves, and back cavities
- Titanium woods with interchangeable shafts
- Cryogenically frozen face
- Putter: made from high-density 303 steel and super soft aluminum and carbon fiber detailing.
This club is a timeless treasure. Elegant and opulent, Gemspot’s® OM 5 Mallet Putter is a unique and stunning piece. The precision CNC milled head has beveled edges and is adorned with a series of bezel-set gems on a precisely calibrated gold aluminum bar. This patented “Diamond Alignment System” encourages golfers to focus on their target line, make more putts, and lower golf scores.
The face-balanced OM 5 Mallet Putter comes with a high-tech 2-piece carbon-steel single-bend shaft. The CNC milled head and high MOI provide a large sweet spot for amazing accuracy.
- Loft: 3°
- Lie angle: 72°
- Lengths: 32″ – 35″ and custom
- Head Weight: 375 grams – Face Balanced
- Head Material: CNC Precision Milled 431 stainless steel
- MOI: 4670g.cm2
This limited edition Titleist Scotty Cameron was produced in only 21 units molded from brass or copper, exactly like Tiger Woods used in his most outstanding victory in 1997.
- Handedness: Right-Handed
- Golf Club Type: Putter
- Shaft Material: Steel
Spalding is a name associated with the sports industry for such a long time. This Palmer Patent Fork Shaft Wood, with its head named “The Spalding,” was sold at an auction in 2007 for the impressive price of $49,000. It was part of the collection of Jeffrey B. Ellis.
- Wooden clubhead stamped “The Spalding.”
- Fiber slip screwed into the leading edge of the sole
- Lead backweight
- Crown drilled with two sockets to receive a unique forked wooden shaft with integral wooden grip.
Golden Putter First Lady Special Edition: $150,000
Made with a gold shaft, leather grip, head with crystal inlays, and plenty of other expensive features, this putter’s First Lady Special Edition runs a mere $150k.
This is a German-made club with a five-micrometer thick coating of 24-carat gold in the shaft.
Most Expensive Golf Clubs is the Andrew Dickson Long-Nosed Putter: $181,000
It has the stamp of Andrew Dickson, and it’s called the Long-Nosed Putter. The club was dated back to the 1700s, and since its authenticity could be verified, it made it the most valuable golf club in the world.
It was sold at an auction for a tremendous sum of $181k.
The Strata Tour Package Set is designed for increased performance on every shot.
- Set includes Driver, 3 Wood, 4 & 5 hybrid, 6 – 9 iron, PW & SW, Putter, Stand Bag, and 4 Headcovers.
- Woods: A lightweight 460cc forged golf driver designed for distance and forgiveness will help you hit it farther off the tee.
- Hybrids: The 4 & 5 hybrid is a great alternative to difficult long irons that gives you more confidence in a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedges: Stainless steel irons
- Putter: A mallet putter with a visual alignment aid to help give you incredible accuracy.
This is a great set for beginners who don’t wish to spend a crazy amount of money but still want a quality golf club.
Designed for teen swing characteristics to produce maximum distance and a rewarding experience for beginners.
- Large 460cc driver engineered with super game improvement technology to enhance the new golfer experience.
- Deep, perimeter-weighted 431 stainless steel irons with a shallow center of gravity for improved accuracy and distance.
- Lightweight, premium Carry bag features Air Flow shoulder straps that are adjustable for growing teen players, a rugged handle top, numerous pockets, and a self-activating stand.
- Easy Launch Sand Wedge features very low weighting and a wide sole for better greenside control and improved shot-making.